Sunday, May 2, 2010

Status Update

Looking back at the posts, I realize that I've been absent for the past couple of weeks. I figured that I should do a blog post just to say what I've been up to.

This week, I started a new job, where I'll be working for a large company that works for another, much larger company. My long time practice of not talking about my job while online prevents me from saying more than that. It's not great pay, especially for the first couple of months, but it is a full-time job, something I couldn't find in Florida. Hopefully this will help get me back on my feet, along with a major decision that I'm not going to discuss publicly for a while. I'll let some friends know privately, but it's yet another major change.

Comics-wise I'm trying to find a new routine that works with my new schedule and hopefully, get ahead on Factor of 01. I figure I'm somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through. Once I get it done, I'll determine what to do next. No firm plans yet, but Accepting Death, the Mall's revision, a revised Virginia Dare, a Cybergirl story, and the Crimson Queen of Titan are all on the docket. Trust me, I will only tackle one at a time. Depending on the next project that I choose, I'll determine my path to publishing the story. Once Factor of 01 is finished, it will be collected into one volume.

Socially, I'm trying to make new friends in North Carolina, but finding that most of my social outlets are a little bit of a drive away in Gastonia and Charlotte. To remedy this in the future, I plan on moving out of Lenoir and somewhere just South of Hickory after I get back on my feet. I'll miss the free WiFi, but the savings on gas should make up for it in the long run. Until then, Lenoir does have a local music outlet in Futs & Co. which is good to go and draw while I take in some live music. Friday night, a really good rock band named Jester's Dulcet showed up at the open mic. Will Willis is a regular there and is really good. If you're ever in the vicinity of Lenoir, take in some local music.

So, how are you doing?