Sunday, April 18, 2010

04/19/2010

Yeah, you're meant to notice that the bookcase at the end of this strip is the same as the one at the end of last week's strip, meaning that Paul spent the night. This element was in this little segment from the very beginning. I'm not trying to say anything about women in general, but Jet-Pack Jenny at times has been described by me as "James Bond in space if he was a girl." I've also read of a psychological theory that people in dangerous professions are more prone to promiscuity. While I wouldn't go so far as to call Jenny promiscuous, given the theory, she'd probably be more prone to elevate this relationship quickly.

Art-wise, I wasn't pleased with the transition between panels one and two until I glanced at it upside down. I know that the shadows in panel one aren't necessarily correct, but I am happy with how they work in an abstract sense. The best example of a comic artist that could do this successfully was Alex Toth. If I could get only a percentage of his technique right, I'd be happy.