Friday, April 27, 2012

Help Get Jet-Pack Jenny printed

The Kickstarter project to get Jet-Pack Jenny and the Factor of 01 printed has been launched! Go here to contribute at a level that gets you some nice incentives!

It took me five years to finish the story, but I'm very happy with it, and I feel like it's actually worth asking people to contribute to see it happen. I just need $400 contributed in order to meet my printing goals, but if more is contributed, I'll be able to print more copies. No money will go to waste.I will be printing these in July and shipping out as soon as I receive them from the printer.

So what will the printed collection contain? It will be 40 pages, containing all of the strips printed three to a page, with the book measuring  8" x 7 1/4", making every strip so much easier to read than if I tried to print this as a mini-comic and do two to a page. It also frees up lots of room for guest artwork, annotations giving you a behind the scenes peek at the making of the comic and sketches from the making of the comic.

Just in case you need more prompting to donate and make this book a reality, here are the donation incentives:

  • Donate $10 or more and get a copy of the book with a free head sketch of the lead character, Jet-Pack Jenny. This head sketch will be inserted on a separate 5" x 8" card.

  • Donate $25 or more and get a copy of the book and a free full body sketch w/background of Jet-Pack Jenny on 8 1/2" x 11" Bristol.

  • Donate $50 or more and get the $25 reward and a piece of original art from the story. All original art is in strip format. I don't think I need to say that you'll get your choice of which strip, provided it's available. Two are no longer available.

  • Donate $100 or more and you get the $50 reward plus an original drawing of Jet-Pack Jenny done to your requested subject matter, hand colored, drawn on 11" x 17" Bristol. In case you're counting that'll be two drawings and a piece of original art!

Your help in getting this published would be greatly appreciated, and hoping to have to draw a lot to show how much I appreciate it.