Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So This Is What's Going On...

So, it was my birthday, and M gives me breakfast in bed, which is always good, and instead of a card, presents me with a nice little presentation book she made, and in it, popped the question. I thought about it, and said yes. You only live once, and this woman is definitely worth taking the plunge again. On our second date, I knew that I cared deeply about her and after just a month knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I was just going to take my time with it. She beat me to the punch.

As I mentioned, I refer to her as M because she currently enjoys a level of Internet privacy that is almost unheard of. I've seen other cartoonists refer to loved ones by pseudonyms, as well. Because I care deeply for her and recently realized how much of my personal life was online, I'm finally and formally adopting a pseudonym for professional work, including here. As far as Internet privacy for me goes, the genie is out of the bottle, and there's no getting him back in, but for M and my new family, I can make efforts to keep things regarding them much more private.

I'm really looking forward to being married again. M is very different from my first wife, but in the good ways, very similar. I'm going to spend every day of the rest of my life being worthy of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment