Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So This Is What's Going On...

So, it was my birthday, and M gives me breakfast in bed, which is always good, and instead of a card, presents me with a nice little presentation book she made, and in it, popped the question. I thought about it, and said yes. You only live once, and this woman is definitely worth taking the plunge again. On our second date, I knew that I cared deeply about her and after just a month knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I was just going to take my time with it. She beat me to the punch.

As I mentioned, I refer to her as M because she currently enjoys a level of Internet privacy that is almost unheard of. I've seen other cartoonists refer to loved ones by pseudonyms, as well. Because I care deeply for her and recently realized how much of my personal life was online, I'm finally and formally adopting a pseudonym for professional work, including here. As far as Internet privacy for me goes, the genie is out of the bottle, and there's no getting him back in, but for M and my new family, I can make efforts to keep things regarding them much more private.

I'm really looking forward to being married again. M is very different from my first wife, but in the good ways, very similar. I'm going to spend every day of the rest of my life being worthy of her.