Wednesday, June 4, 2014

So what's going on over here...

I've been trying to decide which path to go with Jet-Pack Jenny. There's a part of me that wants to re-do Flight of the Virginia Dare, but then I feel like the stories told, and anything I do to add to it won't turn it into the type of stories I want to tell any more. There's about three stories that I want to do, one that I wrote back in college and would really like to come back to.

I'm also facing the hard fact that I'm now doing this for me. Heck, this blog post will mostly be seen by a few close friends and get no comments. I'm old enough now that I can face that I'm never going to be successful at this. It may happen, but only if I produce work of exceptional quality and get extremely lucky. Instead of trying to make that luck happen and making myself miserable, I'm going to do what I want and make myself happy.

I'm thinking about making Virginia Dare available for free online as an e-book, or for just a penny, just because so many places to put it don't allow for free price points. Then again, there's so many reasons that I'm not satisfied with it, that I don't want it out there.

Crap, I'm just at a crossroads that I feel like I've been at for a few years, and since becoming a father. All the hubbub with the app that I  couldn't get stopped has me discouraged as well.

I want to continue Jet-Pack Jenny, but just don't know if it's worth taking the time to do it.